Introducing StagedPay™ by Red Maple
Protect your business and customers from theft, fraud and data breaches. StagedPay™ safeguards your customers’ credit card information whether you take orders over the phone, online or in person. For small businesses to restaurants to bars to international corporations, StagedPay™ means more sales and more profit.
StagedPay™ is a hosted credit card solution that provided merchants with a range of services that allows them to accept credit cards and process credit cards without actually knowing the entire credit card number. With a proprietary patent-pending process, merchants can accept part of a credit card up front during an order, only to allow StagedPay™ to interact with their customer afterward to finish the order by retrieving the rest of the credit card.
StagedPay™ works by combining the parts of the credit card number taken like a combination lock in a secured hosted environment to create a “token”, a unique representation of the credit card between the merchant and their processor. So, while the merchant never has the entire credit card number, they can still process charges on the customer’s account, securely. Risks of theft, fraud and the cost of PCI compliance are minimized even for the largest companies.
Our two-step authentication process:
- During check-out, the customer gives you only half of the numbers on their credit card. Then, StagedPay™ immediately emails, texts, or calls the customer to get the rest of the numbers.
- In a secure, hosted environment, StagedPay™ then combines the merchant’s half and the customer’s half of the credit card like a combination lock. It sends the merchant the secure token from the processor to complete the transaction. So, while the merchant never has the entire credit card number, customers can still process credit card transactions securely.
Protecting you and your customers:
- Merchants never collect or store the entire credit card number, so it can’t be stolen by employees or in a breach or “hack” of the merchant.
- Criminals can’t use the token stored by the merchant as this token is encrypted by the processor and is unique to the combination of the processor, merchant and customer.
- StagedPay™ is designed to prevent attacks by locking up data separately, and requiring multiple keys to authenticate, verify and open the purchasing vault. Learn more at StagedPay.com
StagedPay hosts an independent secure portal for businesses and customers to manage invoices 24/7. The portal:
- Allows businesses to send customers invoices so customers can pay at their convenience.
- Allows customers to update their billing address, zip code and account numbers at any time.
- Allows customers to store their tokenized credit card information into a company’s ERP system to use it securely for future transactions.